[Bioc-devel] C++ compiler flags on Windows

Fabricio de Almeida |@br|c|o_@|me|d@@||v@ @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Mon Aug 1 09:14:18 CEST 2022

Dear Bioc developers,

I recently had a package accepted that passed the build system during review.

One week after acceptance, there were compilation problems on Windows. In the next build, the problems disappeared. Now, they're back again: http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/syntenet/palomino4-install.html

These compilations problems - and the fact that they appear and disappear without any intervention from me - seem to be related to changing C++ compiler flags in the Bioconductor build system for Windows.

Does anyone know if C++ compiler flags were changed recently on Windows in the Bioc build system? As I don't have a Makevars file in the /src directory of this package, does anyone know which flags I could include in a Makevars file to remove these Windows-specific warnings in compilation? I was wondering whether any of you had similar problems.

Kind regards,
Fabricio

Fabr�cio de Almeida Silva, MSc.

PhD student in Bioinformatics (Ghent University, Belgium)

UGent-VIB Center for Plant Systems Biology

Personal website: https://almeidasilvaf.github.io