[Bioc-devel] python support

Jennifer Wokaty Jenn||er@Wok@ty @end|ng |rom @ph@cuny@edu
Thu Sep 23 21:47:03 CEST 2021

Zheng,

I talked to Herve about your issue as well as the build machines. You should use `python` for Windows and `python3` for Linux and Mac.

Jennifer Wokaty

Bioconductor Core Team
Waldron Lab
CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy

From: Jennifer Wokaty
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:55 AM
To: Zheng Wei
Cc: Bioc-devel
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] python support

Hi Zheng,

The Linux builders only have python3 available with no symlink to python due to the deprecation of Python 2. One way this could be solved is by referencing python3 instead of python. I believe the other machines might have Python 2 available, which is why the results are inconsistent, but Bioconductor no longer supports Python 2.