[Bioc-devel] pre-receive hook won't let me fix (very) old merge conflict

Nitesh Turaga ntur@g@@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 1 16:51:40 CEST 2021

Hi Alyssa,

I can help you with this. Merge conflicts are hard to deal with for a few reasons, and this makes the hook design a little challenging. We want to keep the hook simple, and straightforward without adding too many edge cases into it.

The reason for your issue, is because the conflicts in your code were introduced in the ‘pre-git’ era. I can disable the hook for your package and we can resolve it.

I’ll send you a private email to coordinate.

Best,

Nitesh

Nitesh Turaga
Scientist II, Department of Data Science,
Bioconductor Core Team Member
Dana Farber Cancer Institute