[Bioc-devel] Windows specific error during CHECK

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Oct 26 21:53:11 CEST 2021

Hi Felix,

On 26/10/2021 12:10, Felix Ernst wrote:
> Hi Bioc-Team,
>
> I have got a problem with an error on Windows, which I am not able to debug.
>
> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/mia/riesling1-checksrc.html
>
> The testthat.out.fail output doesn't indicate any problems and the testthat.out on other systems looks the same.
>
> Can someone provide any hint on what might be going on? Thanks in advance!

Hmm.. even more puzzling is that if I go on riesling1, start R (in
64-bit mode), and run the tests manually, I don't see any problem:

 > test_check("mia")

100%

Time difference of 6.58 secs

Initializing error rates to maximum possible estimate.

selfConsist step 1 .

    selfConsist step 2

    selfConsist step 3

    selfConsist step 4

Convergence after  4  rounds.

Initializing error rates to maximum possible estimate.

selfConsist step 1 .

    selfConsist step 2

    selfConsist step 3

    selfConsist step 4

Convergence after  4  rounds.

initial  value 0.383462

iter   5 value 0.161655

iter  10 value 0.113278

final  value 0.003270

converged

initial  value 0.000000

final  value 0.000000

converged

initial  value 0.000000

final  value 0.000000

converged

initial  value 0.000000

final  value 0.000000

converged

[ FAIL 0 | WARN 2 | SKIP 0 | PASS 630 ]

So this only seems to happen in the context of 'R CMD check'. I wonder
if the fact that we run 'R CMD check' with the --force-multiarch option
(so the examples and tests are run for the 2 Windows archs) could be
somehow related to the issue.

Anyways, I won't be able to do more testing today because the builds on
riesling1 are going to start in a few minutes. I'll try to get back to
this tomorrow.

Cheers,
H.

> Best regards,