[Bioc-devel] JAVA_HOME cannot be determined on Windows on Bioconductor platform report

Augustin Luna c@nn|n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Oct 22 18:25:39 CEST 2021

Thanks for the responses. But they are not addressing my problem. I
have GitHub Actions checking the package on Windows/macOS/Linux using
Java OpenJDK 14 with tests/examples running fine on both R release and
devel.

https://github.com/BioPAX/paxtoolsr/actions/runs/1372348962

At this point, I'm not debugging my code rather the Bioconductor build
system. Tests/examples that do not run on Bioconductor are running
fine elsewhere.

More helpful to me would be instructions to some VM file or Docker
container where I could mimic the Bioconductor setup. I'm at a loss
for how to debug this problem or what is unique about the Bioconductor
system.

Searching through code from other packages is not helpful unless I
know what I'm looking for. In this case, it means a package that had a
"JLRequestRuntimeInstall: Error calling: CFMessagePortCreateRemote"
error and addressed it successfully.

Stack Overflow only gives me hints regarding
"CFMessagePortCreateRemote" errors in that there is a problem with the
installation of Java:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15289059/install-java-on-mac-osx-10-8-2-error-calling-cfmessageportcreateremote

PS: I removed the "which java" call.

Thanks,