[Bioc-devel] Dev check runtime on all machines

alan murphy @|@nmurph94 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Wed Oct 13 20:22:20 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I'm the developer of the MungeSumstats package which is currently timing out on the nightly builds for windows (riesling1) but doesn't have any errors: https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.14/bioc-LATEST/MungeSumstats/riesling1-checksrc.html.

My question is whether there is a reason the builds took a particularly long time yesterday? For example, the MAC (merida1) check ran in 21 minutes but running devtools::check() locally after removing all cached items runs in 12.5 minutes. Secondly, is there a way to check how long the unit tests took to run on each machine? It doesn't seem to be available in the raw or summarised build reports.

I ask because if the checks should generally run quicker I won't make any changes to my package to speed up the check. Otherwise, I will likely remove some unit tests which I believe account for a decent part of the runtime.

Thanks,
Alan.