[Bioc-devel] Use set.seed inside function

Meng Chen mengchen18 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 29 22:13:23 CET 2021

Thanks. I think it may work in theory, generating "enough" distinct colors
is fairly easy. Then the problem will be how to find a subset of colors of
size n, and the selected colors are still most distinguishable. I think I
will do this with my eyes if no other methods, a tedious job.
But at least for my curiosity, I still want to know if there are other ways
to achieve this. I feel like 80% of people who use the distinctColorPallete
function actually don't need the "random" feature :) Thanks.

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 9:39 PM James W. MacDonald <jmacdon using uw.edu> wrote:

> It appears that you don't actually want random colors, but instead you
> want the same colors each time. Why not just generate the vector of 'random
> distinct colors' one time and save the vector of colors?

Best Regards,
Chen