[Bioc-devel] C++ parallel computing

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 25 19:39:43 CEST 2021

If the BAM files are each processed independently, and each processing task takes a while, then it is probably 'good enough' to use R-level parallel evaluation using BiocParallel (currently the recommendation for Bioconductor packages) or other evaluation framework. Also, presumably you will use Rhtslib, which provides C-level access to the hts library. This will requiring writing C / C++ code to interface between R and the hts library, and will of course be a significant underataking.

It might be worth outlining in a bit more detail what your task is and how (not too much detail!) you've tried to implement this in Rsamtools.

Martin Morgan