[Bioc-devel] Problems while activating my bioconductor git account

Nitesh Turaga ntur@g@@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 12 19:21:52 CEST 2021

Hi,

I�ve changed the email to mail using sebastianbauer.info<mailto:mail using sebastianbauer.info>. You did used to have Sebastian.Bauer using charite.de<mailto:Sebastian.Bauer using charite.de>.

Please activate now, and add your SSH keys to gain access to the package.

Best,

Nitesh

From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Sebastian Bauer <mail using sebastianbauer.info>
Date: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:16 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Problems while activating my bioconductor git account
Dear Bioconductors,

(resent two days after my initial attempt)

I recently got an automated message reporting a problem concering the
'mgsa' package for which I'm listed as the maintainer. I would like to
check this out and apply a possibly fix if there is a problem. I haven't
done any contribution since quite a while and Bioconductor has undergone
some infrastructure changes in the meantime, in particullar, the switch
to git.

If I understood everything correctly, I have to activate my account via
https://git.bioconductor.org/BiocCredentials/account_activation/ before
being able to push something to the package source.

I'm getting following response from the Webserver:

"mail using sebastianbauer.info is not associated with a maintainer of a
Bioconductor package. Please check the spelling or contact
bioc-devel using r-project.org for help"

I'm quite sure that the spelling is correctly, so I'm trying now the
second option :)

If you look at
https://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/mgsa.html then
clearly this mail address is associated to the package  (obviously, I
wouldn't get the error report then).

It may or may not have something to do with the fact that at the time I
contributed the package a decade ago, the email address I used was
Sebastian.Bauer using charite.de.

Any help how to get access to the source back is highly appreciated.

Bye
Sebastian