[Bioc-devel] Fixing build error for the first time

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Wed May 5 20:59:11 CEST 2021

The RELEASE_3_12 branch was frozen but the devel (master) branch is not.  You may continue to push to upstream master to make relevant changes.
Yes that procedure would stay the same to push to the devel branch of git.bioconductor and your individual github repo.

In the future (after the next release) to make changes to a release branch you would push to the appropriate RELEASE_X_Y (the upcoming would be RELEASE_3_13) .  We only recommend bug fixes or ERROR corrections on a RELEASE branch and keep new features on the devel branch.   See this document that summarized
http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/bug-fix-in-release-and-devel/

Please note:  Unlike the submission process, daily builds are not built on push. The builders only pull changes and do build/check once per day.  There is some information on timing found here but it can take up to 48 hours to reflect changes if the push is close after the start of the daily builds.
http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/troubleshoot-build-report/

Cheers

Bioconductor - Bug fixes<http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/bug-fix-in-release-and-devel/>
Fix bugs in devel and release. Goal: Maintainers will have to fix bugs from time to time, and make sure the patch is available both in the master branch and the current release branch. Steps: Sync existing repositories.. git fetch --all git checkout master git merge upstream/master git merge origin/master git checkout <RELEASE_X_Y> git merge upstream/<RELEASE_X_Y> git merge origin/<RELEASE_X_Y>
bioconductor.org

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263