[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor Release Announcement: RELEASE_3_12 branch freeze

Nitesh Turaga ntur@g@@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 4 14:42:04 CEST 2021

Hi,

The branch your linked is going to be the upcoming RELEASE_3_13 branch and currently �devel� (master branch).

I�m not sure how to help you as far as debugging the error goes, the best way is first try to be able to reproduce it on your local machine. You can also add a statement to avoid running the example if the OS is recognized as a mac (https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-patched/library/base/html/Platform.html)

```
if (.Platform$OS.type == �darwin�) ## maybe it�s just �unix� now
```

But this should be directed in a separate thread as question, it seems it has nothing to do with the RELEASE_3_12 branch freeze and discussion on this thread will lead to confusion.

Best,

Nitesh

From: Waldir Leoncio Netto <w.l.netto using medisin.uio.no>
Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 1:20 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>, nturaga.bioc using gmail.com <nturaga.bioc using gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] Bioconductor Release Announcement: RELEASE_3_12 branch freeze
Dear Nitesh,

What happens to packages presenting a check error (e.g. cellmigRation<http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/cellmigRation/> installs and builds on all supported OSs, but fails on macOS while checking a function example)? I've been working on solving that, but there can only be so much progress when using daily builds as a gauge.

Best regards,
Waldir