[Bioc-devel] documentation of raw data

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Mon May 3 14:13:09 CEST 2021

In general the documentation in inst/scripts can be code, sudo code, or text but should indicate the source of the data and how it was generated and other useful information for using the data.   Think of it as a how to if a user wanted to mimic or recreate the data you are providing.

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Severin Bang <severin.bang using physik.uni-freiburg.de>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 5:31 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] documentation of raw data

Dear all,

I plan to provide at least two .csv files of raw data for the package I
want to publish on Bioconductor. In point 5.4 of
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1fgTuNMvqaOq1N6s7Udxp2_eP_W4th1D0KIAvpAItuhiTWG7jCXYK3saVlP1lVZfR851D2SYk47AtHQ_btlXWjgOESvKpAHG6oUrRVCJqJkIvyhDnxQQusZvGs1XHbctAOxF7vodtO-2rMNfLaRz2kWKUNyV5anop76v5gxMhWzbO32fWlrWXouRPYAUb0lMvG8iY1ES13hJlz9D1tqFPTxQbrGuh8jivKoL_AICy_JrgUv2-MtnL3qc8xYe7imLd3vUZ_nhfQnVR-KOgO1m-crY8BKycdS_gLcr2ql3oHZ_7gcKhO2PeZspSe8N6M3zG/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bioconductor.org%2Fdevelopers%2Fpackage-guidelines%2F%23data it is
stated that such data needs to be documented
in the inst/script/ directory.

Sadly I could not find a more explicit description of what this means.
For functions I use roxygen to build the documentation, how do is this
tool used to build documentation for raw data? What requirements are
there for the documentation? I plan to describe the general purpose and
the significance  of each column in particular, are there more points
that should be covered?

Many thanks in advance!

Best
Severin