[Bioc-devel] Account Activation @ Bioconductor Git Credentials

Dan Du tooyoung @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 29 05:00:37 CEST 2021

Hi BioC friends,

It has been a while, I am the author and maintainer of package biomvRCNS.
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/biomvRCNS.html
Currently I am with a BioTech company, and would be happy to extend a few
functionalities and commit some tweak and bugfix.

It appears that the submission system has changed a lot. I still have the
old svn repo on my Mac, while the service seems to be offline.
svn co --username='y.du'
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/biomvRCNS
And I remember there was a svn - github bridge built by the devel team.

So I follow the current guide and try to work with the new github repo.
https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/maintain-github-bioc/

Now I am stuck at activating my git credential here,
https://git.bioconductor.org/BiocCredentials/account_activation/

I tried some of my past emails which might have been associated with the
package, all returned with the following message.

"*tooyoung using gmail.com <tooyoung using gmail.com>* is not associated with a
maintainer of a Bioconductor package. Please check the spelling or contact
bioc-devel using r-project.org for help."

Please kindly advise.

Best,
Dan