[Bioc-devel] is it possible to disable i386 builds on bioconductor

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 15 18:10:01 CET 2021

Hi Thomas, Kevin,

We still need to install the system deps on the devel Windows builders
(riesling1 and tokay2). We'll do it this week. Thanks for the reminder
and for making the OpenBabel-3.0.0 Windows Binaries available on your
GitHub repo.

Note that OpenBabel 3 is installed on machv2 (devel macOS builders):

   machv2:~ biocbuild$ which obabel
   /usr/local/bin/obabel

   machv2:~ biocbuild$ obabel -V
   Open Babel 3.1.0 -- Oct 21 2020 -- 21:57:42

   machv2:~ biocbuild$ pkg-config --cflags openbabel-3
   -I/usr/local/Cellar/open-babel/3.1.1_1/include/openbabel3

   machv2:~ biocbuild$ pkg-config --libs openbabel-3
   -L/usr/local/Cellar/open-babel/3.1.1_1/lib -lopenbabel

In release: The reason ChemmineOB does not compile on malbec1 is because
it requires OpenBabel 3 but malbec1 only has OpenBabel 2 which is what
Ubuntu 18.04 comes with. OpenBabel 3 only became available starting with
Ubuntu 20.04.

To workaround this we could propagate the ChemmineOB_1.28.2.tar.gz
source tarball produced on nebbiolo1 (Ubuntu 20.04), or, if you know an
easy way to get OpenBabel 3 installed on an Ubuntu 18.04 system, let us
know and we will do that. The best thing would be to be able to use a
.deb package for this. The easiest the procedure, the more likely people
that are still using Ubuntu 18.04 will be able to install ChemmineOB.

Best,
H.

Hervé Pagès

Bioconductor Core Team