[Bioc-devel] Moving minfi classes definition to a lighter package

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@n|e|h@n@en @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Mar 3 13:28:34 CET 2021

I am happy to engage in a discussion about this, although I'm not sure that
I am ultimately interested in having two packages.

But first I would like to look at some dependency graphs. I am wondering
what makes the dependency tree this big (and my tree is smaller than yours,
but still big: library(minfi) gives me 16 attached packages and 89 loaded
packages for the current release). This includes some part of the tidyverse
which we don't really use much though (and which could probably get removed
from the package with almost no work).

What's the current best tool for dependency graphs in Bioconductor?
pkgDepTools?

Best,
Kasper

Kasper