[Bioc-devel] Remotes in DESCRIPTION not supported for BioC?

Rainer Johannes Joh@nne@@R@|ner @end|ng |rom eur@c@edu
Tue Mar 2 10:36:05 CET 2021

Dear All!

in one of the xcms vignettes we are using a R package which is not yet in Bioconductor and I added

Remotes:
    RforMassSpectrometry/MsBackendMgf

to the DESCRIPTION thinking that on the BioC build machines the package might get installed (from github). It does apparently not as we get ERROR for this vignette. Is there any way I can use a non-Bioconductor and non-CRAN package or do I have to wait until the package is included in Bioconductor?

thanks for any feedback!

cheers, jo