[Bioc-devel] Error on BiocCheckGitClone and Windows build

Oluwafemi OLUSOJI o|uw@|em|@o|u@oj| @end|ng |rom uh@@@e|t@be
Mon Mar 1 18:12:46 CET 2021

Dear All,

I recently submitted a package to Bioconductor and got this error message
as part of the reply email. I am not sure what to do about it.

The two files are git tracked,  but they are also named in .Rbuildignore so
I felt they should have been avoided. This is my first experience with
Bioconductor so any help would be appreciated.

Furthermore, there are errors related to dependencies on the windows build.
Should I worry about these?

Regards,
Olusoji Oluwafemi Daniel

###### Error Related to Windows test build ####

===============================

 R CMD BUILD

===============================

* checking for file 'cyanoFilter/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'cyanoFilter':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* installing the package to build vignettes
      -----------------------------------
ERROR: dependencies 'flowCore', 'flowDensity' are not available for
package 'cyanoFilter'
* removing 'C:/Users/pkgbuild/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmp0gaTHW/Rinst8fd05a8549f/cyanoFilter'
      -----------------------------------
ERROR: package installation failed

####### Error related to git tracked files #####

This is BiocCheckGitClone version 1.27.2. BiocCheckGitClone is a work
in progress. Output and severity of issues may change.
* Checking valid files...
    * ERROR: System Files found that should not be git tracked:
        .Renviron
        cyanoFilter.Rproj
* Checking DESCRIPTION...
* Checking if DESCRIPTION is well formatted...
* Checking for valid maintainer...
* Checking CITATION...