[Bioc-devel] Download and cache sesameData/ExperimentHub data during Bioconductor checks

Gabriel Odom godom @end|ng |rom ||u@edu
Thu Jun 10 19:51:58 CEST 2021

Hi folks,
We are submitting the package coMethDMR to Bioconductor (https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions/issues/2064).
This package requires HM450 and EPIC data (probe IDs) available for package functionality. We currently have a check on package load that these two data components are in cache.
Our package passes checks on local and Travis (https://travis-ci.com/github/TransBioInfoLab/coMethDMR/builds/228394255), but instantly fails on Bioconductor (http://bioconductor.org/spb_reports/coMethDMR_buildreport_20210610114003.html).

What solutions have people used in the past to require access to such large data sets without including them in the package?
Warm regards and many thanks,
Gabriel