[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor time out in Windows while building vignettes

Nuno Agostinho nunod@n|e|@go@t|nho @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 9 16:35:46 CEST 2021

Hey all,

I have a Bioconductor package named psichomics <https://bioconductor.org/packages/psichomics> that is timing out according to the Bioconductor R CMD build reports for Windows (both release and devel versions). This time out occurs after ~40 minutes while trying to create the package vignettes.

In my local Windows virtual machine (running the latest Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 <https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines/> in VMware Fusion 12.1.2 using R 4.1.0 and Bioconductor 3.13), it takes ~2m30 to finish building the package using the same command shown in the Bioconductor build report <http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/release/bioc-LATEST/psichomics/tokay2-buildsrc.html>:

R.exe CMD build --keep-empty-dirs --no-resave-data psichomics

How can I replicate the environment used in Bioconductor build reports to test what is going on?

My package hasn't built once for Windows since the new release of Bioconductor 3.13 and I have no idea how to solve this... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Best regards,

Nuno Agostinho
PhD student
Nuno Morais Lab