[Bioc-devel] Add dockerhub push to github repository

Murphy, Alan E @@murphy @end|ng |rom |mper|@|@@c@uk
Thu Jun 3 08:52:55 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I'm working on developing an R package with the aim to eventually submit to Bioconductor. I would like to automatically create a new image and push to dockerhub with github actions when I push changes to the github repository. Does anyone have an example of this process in their repositories?

Two things to also consider, I would ideally like the tag of this dockerhub push to be the R package version (from the DESCRIPTION) to differentiate between images, is this possible? Secondly, I currently have the dockerfile created but, since my R package repository is private I have been building the R package and using the tar.gz file in the dockerfile to install the package (rather than using devtools::install_github()). Is there a way to tell the Dockerfile to install the R package in the current repository?

Kind regards,
Alan.

Alan Murphy
Bioinformatician