[Bioc-devel] Genomics Extension for SQLite seeking R/bioC co-maintainer

Mike Lin dn@ @end|ng |rom m||n@net
Tue Jun 1 23:22:48 CEST 2021

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 5:12 AM Vincent Carey <stvjc using channing.harvard.edu>
wrote:

> Thanks Mike, we're having a look.  I haven't found much comparative
> benchmarking data by prowling around your site ... am I missing anything?
> The colab notebook is helpful.

Specifically wrt the compression layer, there's a small table here:
https://github.com/mlin/sqlite_zstd_vfs#performance
(The Genomics Extension sets up good defaults for the many obscure tuning
settings discussed there.)
I'd welcome suggestions for other benchmarking aspects of interest. It's
usually going to be a bit nuanced of course, to compare a super flexible
tool like SQLite to code dedicated to specific problems & formats!
Mike