[Bioc-devel] Version change when major redesign

Nitesh Turaga ntur@g@@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 6 18:51:20 CET 2021

Hi Enora,

Bioconductor follows the following rules when it comes to version numbering. http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/

Remember, In your version number x.y.z, y should be odd in devel branch, and such major changes need to happen only in the devel branch. For regular feature development, only bump the "z".

Check the section which has the "Even odd schedule", that should answer all your questions.

"As a special case, any package with version x.99.z is bumped to (x+1) . 0 . (z-z) in release, and (x+1) . 1 . 0 in devel. Thus authors wishing to signify a major change to their package should set y to 99 in their devel package."

Nitesh