[Bioc-devel] How to integrate code from a package not available on bioconductor

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Wed Feb 10 14:38:40 CET 2021

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 8:32 AM Kern, Lori <Lori.Shepherd using roswellpark.org>
wrote:

> Have you reached out to the maintainer of the github package to see if
> they would plan on submitting to CRAN or Bioconductor?
> If they do not,  you could see if they are okay with you including the
> code in your package and then clearly indicate their authorship in the man
> pages and by giving contributor credit in the DESCRIPTION. They might also
> include CITATION information in their package to include?
>
> Others might have additional thoughts?

This is what I would have suggested.  Also, if the github author needs
encouragement about submission to a regulated
ecosystem, have them get in touch with us.

> Cheers,
>

> Lori Shepherd
>
> Bioconductor Core Team
>
> Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
>
> Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
>
> Elm & Carlton Streets
>
> Buffalo, New York 14263

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}