[Bioc-devel] How to integrate code from a package not available on bioconductor

Ana Carolina Leote @n@c@ro||n@|eote @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Feb 10 11:14:36 CET 2021

Dear all,

I am a package maintainer and would like to add a functionality that
depends on another package which is not available in bioconductor, only via
GitHub. I would like to make the necessary changes in order to be able to
use their code in my package. Can anyone point me towards the best way to
proceed without undermining the authorship of the original developers? Is
copying their code to my package and editing it to bioconductor standards
appropriate?

Thank you and best wishes,
Carolina

*Ana Carolina Leote*
*MSc. Biological Engineering*
*PhD student at the Cologne Graduate School for Ageing Research*
*Cellular networks and systems biology (Beyer group), **CECAD Research
Center*
https://www.linkedin.com/in/anacarolinaleote/