[Bioc-devel] Updating a package due to reviewer comments and other questions

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Wed Feb 3 19:02:57 CET 2021

Additionally on the fread not being found:  if you are using roxygen and devtools to develop you may need to run document() again for the changes to be made to the NAMESPACE.

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Martin Morgan <mtmorgan.bioc using gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 1:00 PM
To: Tim Nieuwenhuis <tnieuwe1 using jhmi.edu>; bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] Updating a package due to reviewer comments and other questions

1. New features -- even those that improve the package ;) -- should be added to devel; your users will have access to them soon enough, and it provides a chance for the bugs and errors that new code inevitably introduces to be worked out.

2. If the data is used in the package per se, e.g., in a function defined in your package, then you should Import: hpar. If the data is used in examples or in the vignette, then use Suggests:

3. If fread is used in one of your functions, then having Imports: data.table importFrom(data.table, fread) should be sufficient. If you use fread() in your vignette, e.g., 'hey reader, read the data using fread like so...' then the data.table package needs to be loaded (e.g., via library(data.table) in the vignette itself. If you've made changes to a public github or other repository then providing that link might help...

Martin