[Bioc-devel] Issues with push on release branch

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Feb 3 17:54:56 CET 2021

Is it from lines like this

https://github.com/calabrialab/ISAnalytics/blob/69341f6591c6765a4a70253f7ab85e64cca9845d/vignettes/collision_removal.bib#L18

in your github repository?

Martin

On 2/3/21, 11:32 AM, "Bioc-devel on behalf of Giulia Pais" <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of giuliapais1 using gmail.com> wrote:

    Hello,

    I'm trying to push updates to the release 3.12 branch of the
    bioconductor repo but I got an odd error from git:

    remote: Error: You cannot push without resolving merge conflicts.
    remote:
    remote: Please check the files in the commit pushed to the git-server
    remote: for merge conflict markers like '<<<<<<<', '========', '>>>>>>>'.
    remote:
    To git.bioconductor.org:packages/ISAnalytics.git
      ! [remote rejected] RELEASE_3_12 -> RELEASE_3_12 (pre-receive hook
    declined)
    error: failed to push some refs to
    'git.bioconductor.org:packages/ISAnalytics.git'

    Of course I checked and there are no merge conflicts (I already pushed
    the same files on origin and they're the same as the devel branch which
    gave me no error of sort). What should I do?

    Thanks