[Bioc-devel] Regarding package nanotatoR

James W. MacDonald jm@cdon @end|ng |rom uw@edu
Wed Aug 4 17:07:07 CEST 2021

Perhaps this helps explain things?

> z <- entrez_search("gtr","muscle_weakness", retmax = 99999999)$id
> any(z %in% keys(org.Hs.eg.db))
[1] FALSE

> zz <- entrez_summary("gene", z)
> table(do.call(c,sapply(extract_from_esummary(zz, "organism"),
> function(x) x$scientificname)))

               Apis mellifera                    Bos taurus
                           11                           118
                  Danio rerio       Drosophila melanogaster
                           96                             1
                  Glycine max               Hordeum vulgare
                            2                             2
                 Mus musculus             Rattus norvegicus
                           20                            13
         Solanum lycopersicum Strongylocentrotus purpuratus
                            4                            35
            Triticum aestivum            Xenopus tropicalis
                            3                             1
                     Zea mays
                            6

Apparently, muscle weakness no longer returns human IDs from GTR?

Best,

Jim