[Bioc-devel] documentation of raw data

Severin Bang @ever|n@b@ng @end|ng |rom phy@|k@un|-|re|burg@de
Thu Apr 29 11:31:04 CEST 2021

Dear all,

I plan to provide at least two .csv files of raw data for the package I
want to publish on Bioconductor. In point 5.4 of
https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/package-guidelines/#data it is
stated that such data needs to be documented
in the inst/script/ directory.

Sadly I could not find a more explicit description of what this means.
For functions I use roxygen to build the documentation, how do is this
tool used to build documentation for raw data? What requirements are
there for the documentation? I plan to describe the general purpose and
the significance  of each column in particular, are there more points
that should be covered?

Many thanks in advance!

Best
Severin