[Bioc-devel] unable to push to new package

Nitesh Turaga ntur@g@@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Apr 23 14:41:14 CEST 2021

Hi,

You do not have write privileges to the package because only the maintainer (cre) is given write access.

The submission is a little messy here, because

  1.  It�s submitted from a lab account (this is ok in general)
  2.  You are not listed as maintainer, but want to maintain the package.
  3.  You are the one corresponding with us, when ideally,  ("Pierre-Luc", "Germain", email=pierre-luc.germain using hest.ethz.ch<mailto:pierre-luc.germain using hest.ethz.ch>) should be the one.

I will manually make an account for you. Please add your SSH keys to your BiocCredentials account (https://git.bioconductor.org/BiocCredentials/) after activating it. Then change the Maintainer field in the description file.

Best,

Nitesh

From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Gross Fridolin <fridolin.gross using hest.ethz.ch>
Date: Friday, April 23, 2021 at 4:14 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] unable to push to new package
Hi all,

I have submitted our package �scanMiR� yesterday, which is now in the 'review in progress� phase (https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions/issues/2067).

When trying to push changes upstream, I get the error:

> $ git push upstream master
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/fgross/.ssh/id_ed25519':
> FATAL: W any packages/scanMiR plger DENIED by fallthru
> (or you mis-spelled the reponame)
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.

The remotes seem to be set up correctly:

> $ git remote -v
> origin        https://github.com/ETHZ-INS/scanMiR/ (fetch)
> origin        https://github.com/ETHZ-INS/scanMiR/ (push)
> upstream      git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/scanMiR (fetch)
> upstream      git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/scanMiR (push)

However, I do not have write permission to the package (as shown by  ssh -T git using git.bioconductor.org).

Could this be related to the fact that the original repo was located not on my account but at an organization? Or that I am listed as �author� in the package description, and not as �creator�?

I�d be grateful for any kind of help to understand and resolve this problem.

Best,
Fridolin