[Bioc-devel] helper function arguments: best practice

Severin Bang @ever|n@b@ng @end|ng |rom phy@|k@un|-|re|burg@de
Mon Apr 19 12:24:11 CEST 2021

Hi Freek,

the helper_function() is not defined in the main function, but only
called there. I decided to pass a named list of parameters, from which
each helper function grabs those it needs. I also thought about defining
the function in the main function, but decided that this neither helps
the readability nor is particularly useful (I could just do what the
helper function does in the main function directly...).

It would rather have the ability to define for the lapply (or the helper
function itself) that the locale environment of the main function should
be used, but this is at least a workable solution.

But many thanks for your suggestion nonetheless :)

Best
Severin