[Bioc-devel] R CMD CHECK time out on Windows machine

Murphy, Alan E @@murphy @end|ng |rom |mper|@|@@c@uk
Wed Apr 14 18:27:01 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I am submitting [EWCE](https://github.com/NathanSkene/EWCE) to bioconductor and have been working to reduce the runtime of the R CMD Check which was causing issues. I have improved the run time and locally, on my mac, it is now running in 11m 56.5s. However, I still get a timeout error on the bioconductor windows machine (tokay2). I don't get any warnings from any of the other machines (I think the linux machine malbec2 will give a warning if the runtime is over 10 minutes).

As I have nearly exhausted all tricks I can think of to reduce the run time, I was wondering is there a way to check how long the run takes to complete in full on tokay2? This way I can see how much more work is needed. Moreover, if anyone has other suggestions to improve run time of my package that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Alan.

Alan Murphy
Bioinformatician