[Bioc-devel] Ask for help to debug the error on riesling1

Jianhong Ou, Ph.D. j|@nhong@ou @end|ng |rom duke@edu
Wed Apr 7 14:08:10 CEST 2021

Hi Herv�,

Thank you for the information. I will try to figure out.

Jianhong.
________________________________
From: Herv� Pag�s <hpages.on.github using gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 1:54 AM
To: Jianhong Ou, Ph.D. <jianhong.ou using duke.edu>; bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] Ask for help to debug the error on riesling1

Hi Jianhong,

Memory leaks and other memory errors are bugs in native code that often
exist on all platforms but typically manifest themselves in different
ways depending on the platform where it runs. Running your code thru a
tool like Valgrind should reveal these problems even if you do this on a
non-Windows machine. See
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/c-debugging/__;!!OToaGQ!6X7J1i17XSPaKkNmZMcdEY24rEjchLfeQ8YTdhLB68dZII3WDxYfoPTTpGr2AOjQ4ds$
for more information.

Best,