[Bioc-devel] TIMEOUT - Can't manage to pass tests to long tests

Prompsy Pacome p@come@promp@y @end|ng |rom cur|e@|r
Mon Sep 28 15:47:02 CEST 2020

Dear Bioconductor team,

I got a TIMEOUT tag on my package (ChromSCape) because test checks were too long:

* checking tests ...
  Running testthat.R ERROR
TIMEOUT: R CMD check exceeded 14 mins

Therefore, I followed documentation to transfer part of my tests to long tests (https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/long-tests/). I created longtests directory + added a .BBSoptions file with 'RunLongTests: TRUE' , moved my long tests to the longtests directory and pushed with a version bump. The only tests left on the 'tests' directory run in  150 sec on my personal Linux (running devtools::test()).

However, after the push,  the R CMD CHECK still timed out and the testing running time was exactly the same as before I removed the tests. See (http://bioconductor.org/spb_reports/ChromSCape_buildreport_20200928090448.html). It seems that the checks are still done on the scripts in longtests directory.

Do you have any insights on what I should do to actually make them long tests and not timeout ?

Github page : https://github.com/vallotlab/ChromSCape

Thank you in advance,

Pac�me

PS: the R CMD check commands actually outputs:

Found the following hidden files and directories:
  .BBSoptions
These were most likely included in error. See section Package

---
Pac�me Prompsy
Bioinformatician - DEpiC

Dynamics of epigenetic plasticity in cancer

<https://science.institut-curie.org/team-vallot/>https://github.com/vallotlab/scChIPseq
D�partement du Transfert/UMR3244
Institut Curie
26 rue d'Ulm