[Bioc-devel] Extensive updates to DiffBind: help reviewing docs and/or beta testing?

Shepherd, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Thu Sep 24 15:01:39 CEST 2020

Hello,

Others may chime in with their opinions as well but my own thoughts...

I see no reason not to post on the support.bioconductor.org site to request some beta testing users.  I suggest using the "NEWS Event" for post type also explaining / informing of some of the big /extensive changes to the package.  Similarly when the changes are formally released you can post on the support channel but I would either use  "News Event" or "Tutorial" as Post Type rather than a Question.

At release time we do include all changes listed in the NEWS files of packages.  Please make sure the NEWS file is up-to-date and properly formatted and it will also be included there.
Example release announcement from Bioc 3.11 of collated NEWS files:

http://bioconductor.org/news/bioc_3_11_release/

 If this could potentially impact package that depend, import, suggest your package I might also suggest personally reaching out to those package maintainers to see if they also wanted to beta test and to make sure their packages still function as intended  (I think currently there are two packages based on DiffBind landing page ChIPQC, vulcan)

https://www.bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/html/DiffBind.html

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263