[Bioc-devel] Hotfix rejected by git

Spivakov, Mikhail m|kh@||@@p|v@kov @end|ng |rom |m@@mrc@@c@uk
Tue Sep 8 13:22:00 CEST 2020

Hello!

We’ve identified a small bug in our Chicago package that we’ve updated on the master branch and now wanted to update retrospectively in releases 3.9, 3.10 and 3.11.

I initially updated and pushed just the master branch, and got this:

$ git push

remote: fatal: this operation must be run in a work tree

remote: ERROR:root:Exception: Command '['git', 'rev-parse', '--show-toplevel']' returned non-zero exit status 128

remote: ERROR:root:local variable 'package_name' referenced before assignment

remote: Note: failed to update RSS feed;git repository updated successfully.

To git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/Chicago

   05d4c19..73223a0  master -> master