[Bioc-devel] BiocManager and R-devel

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@n|e|h@n@en @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Oct 30 09:45:11 CET 2020

Installed R-devel as of today. I have a previous version of Bioconductor
installed in site-library. I then do
  install.packages("BiocManager")
# installs version 1.30.10

> library(BiocManager)
Bioconductor version '3.11' is out-of-date; the current release version
'3.12'
  is available with R version '4.0'; see https://bioconductor.org/install

I would have expected a message about devel version 3.13. I cannot run
  BiocManager::install(useDevel = TRUE)
as it complains about needing R 4.0 for Bioc 3.11. So it detects my current
version of Bioc (3.11) and refuses to run install since it thinks there is
a version mismatch.

I then deleted everything in site-library, installed BiocManager and
everything works as expected (giving me Bioc version 3.13)

Kasper