[Bioc-devel] Question for scheduled release

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Tue Oct 13 13:56:39 CEST 2020

The officially release will not be until October 28th.  Today,  commmits to release/ RELEASE_3_11 (1.4.0) will be frozen and there will be no more commits allowed to this branch every.  You can still commit the the master/devel branch (1.5.0) .   For version x.y.z ,  if you push to the devel you should still only introduce a version bump to the z ... (1.5.1,  1.5.2, ...) ,  The Bioconductor core team will handle the version bump to 1.6.0  on the actual release day later this month -  Users do not make this version bump.  This is why we always recommend pulling down with a git pull upstream​ before making changes locally to pick up changes from the core team (like the release version bump)

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Yang,Peng <py11 using rice.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 9, 2020 10:11 PM
To: bioc-devel <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Question for scheduled release

Dear Bioconductor team,

I am the maintainer for DeMixT package (1.5.0 in devel, 1.4.0 in release currently). Here I have a question for release schedule.
I notice the scheduled new devel Bioc 3.13 is Oct 13th, does that mean if I want to push a new version 1.7.0 on devel, I need to wait for the building of Bioc 3.13 (Oct 13th)?
If I push the new version successfully then, the corresponding release version 1.6.0 will be released automatically on Oct 26th?

Thanks for all the help,
Peng