[Bioc-devel] Solved Bug commiting problem

Selcen Arı @e|cen@r|| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Nov 26 11:48:39 CET 2020

  Hi everyone,

I am developer of ceRNAnetsim package (
https://git.bioconductor.org/packages/ceRNAnetsim). We recently saw that it
gave errors in build report (
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/release/bioc-LATEST/ceRNAnetsim/ ),
and we fixed the errors in the package, in this direction. After making the
local changes, we committed to the master and RELEASE_3_12 branches on the
bioconductor and github repos, following the instructions you can find in
the links (1
<http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/sync-existing-repositories/>
and 2
<http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/bug-fix-in-release-and-devel/>).
The package version in the master branch was higher than RELEASE_3_12.

Is it because the master branch refers to devel?Therefore, I wanted to sync
all versions in these branches to the version in the master. However, in
this case, I encountered the problem like "illegal version bump from 1.2.0
to 1.3.2".

As a result, while the package version is 1.2.1 in RELEASE_3_12 branch, it
is 1.3.2 in the master branch. Will this cause any problems afterwards?

Regards

---
Selcen ARI YUKA
Yildiz Technical University
Faculty of Chemistry and Metallurgical Engineering
Department of Bioengineering
Esenler, Istanbul, Turkey