[Bioc-devel] Compiling a cpp source code while installing package

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Sun Nov 8 13:53:37 CET 2020

On Sun, Nov 8, 2020 at 7:40 AM Alexandru Voda <alexandru.voda using seh.ox.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, Martin!
>
> Unfortunately, the C++ software is large (
> https://ctg.cncr.nl/software/magma), not just some feature that can be
> used from R base, CRAN or Bioconductor.

just having a quick look at magma source -- which includes boost 1.74.  of
30Mb of text in src, 25Mb are consumed by boost

we would likely want to factor that out and use BH if at all possible

> Also, I wouldn't make a separate library for the C++ software because the
> *main* purpose of my package is to wrap them up for R. Other functions are
> just a secondary aim of the package.
>
> Thank you for the recommended packages! I was wondering if there's any
> standard guidance/vignette for how Rhtslib & Rhdf5lib approached this?
> There are numerous Rcpp vignettes that I could find, but couldn't find for
> pure C compiled by R?

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}