[Bioc-devel] regionReport error: leads to potential disk space issues for ImageMagick

Leonardo Collado Torres |co||@dotor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 17 23:35:21 CET 2020

Hi BioC-devel,

I spent some time yesterday getting my Windows laptop ready to debug a
Windows OS-only issue in regionReport (bioc-release 3.10), but
ultimately I couldn't reproduce it. Since the error seems to be some
type of cache, I bumped the version number but it still failed today
and it then also failed on bioc-devel (3.11) on Linux (as well as
Windows).

## Bioc-release (3.10) Windows is the only that fails

Quitting from lines 224-229 (basicExploration.Rmd)
Error: processing vignette 'regionReport.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
R: unable to get registry ID `cache:hosts' @
error/registry.c/GetImageRegistry/202
--- failed re-building ‘regionReport.Rmd’

similarly

Quitting from lines 224-229 (basicExploration.Rmd)
Error in magick_image_trim(image, fuzz) :
  R: unable to get registry ID `cache:hosts' @
error/registry.c/GetImageRegistry/202
Calls: render ... <Anonymous> -> assert_image -> <Anonymous> ->
magick_image_trim

## Bioc-devel (3.11) Linux and Windows fails

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/release/bioc-LATEST/regionReport/malbec1-buildsrc.html

However, I see at
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/regionReport/malbec2-buildsrc.html
that the error appeared today also on the Linux bioc-devel builder.

## Google

Searching for the error message led me to
https://github.com/phw/peek/issues/112 which talks about disk space
running out for ImageMagick. Do you think that this is something that
is affecting the builders too? Do you have any suggestions I could
try?

Best,
Leo