[Bioc-devel] R CMD build error for 3.10 (but not 3.11)

L Rutter ||nd@@y@nnerutter @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 10 09:11:02 CET 2020

Dear Lori:

Thank you very much for your very helpful response. I am sorry to say that
I still am having difficulty seeing errors I think I resolved locally get
successfully pushed to my devel branch. I would really appreciate your
feedback to help me possibly identify the problem.

First, I checked that my git remotes are set up correctly. Below is my
output:

origin https://github.com/lindsayrutter/bigPint.git (fetch)
origin https://github.com/lindsayrutter/bigPint.git (push)
upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/bigPint.git (fetch)
upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/bigPint.git (push)

In an attempt to push changes to my devel branch, I updated my DESCRIPTION
file to contain version 1.3.2. My last commit can be seen here
<https://github.com/lindsayrutter/bigPint/commit/1f61951168d5ba35be6464c3f082e006ff2dd220>.

I waited a few days and see that my builder
<http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/bigPint/malbec2-checksrc.html>
is still failing. The ERROR seems to be coming from my R/convertSEPair.R
script in the line:

vapply(colnames(oldData), function(x) strsplit(x, "[.]")[[1]][1])

I had updated this command, changing “vapply” to “lapply”. It now reads:

lapply(colnames(oldData), function(x) strsplit(x, "[.]")[[1]][1])

I double-checked the R/convertSEPair.R file on my latest GitHub commit
<https://github.com/lindsayrutter/bigPint/blob/1f61951168d5ba35be6464c3f082e006ff2dd220/R/convertSEPair.R>
and indeed the “vapply” command is no longer present.

I also note that my “Last commit” field on the builder website
<http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/bigPint/malbec2-checksrc.html>
is b810b6a from February 29, whereas my latest intended GitHub commit for
the devel branch was 1f61951 from March 8.

I should also state that I had tried a few times and kept bumping up my
version number. So, on March 7 (Commit c75da1e), I had version 1.3.5. In my
latest commit, I reduced my version number to 1.3.2 just to check that the
reason my devel branch was still failing was not simply because my z
(x.y.z) number was increased by more than a value of 1. However, it seems
my pushed changes on GitHub are not updating to the devel builder website.

I really thank you for sharing your advice with me. I wanted to ask if you
may have any ideas on what I may be missing at this stage. Thank you again
for your support.

Sincerely,
Lindsay