[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor package tidybulk

stefano m@ng|o|@@te|@no @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 8 07:17:16 CEST 2020

Hello Lori and All,

I confirm that the bioconductor page for a package (e.g.,
https://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/tidybulk.html ) has
a bug in practice. Namely that even though the icon build is green

https://wehieduau-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/mangiola_s_wehi_edu_au/EbdbpGqJ8zZKhYjE3mJq8CsB6viFK6Ci6AoAQRzcD8hDbQ?e=lub86A

the actual build (e.g.,
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/release/bioc-LATEST/tidybulk/) can be
failing.

If this is wanted, or tolerated, it is very confusing for developers (and
users) because communicate false confidence and leads to unwanted
neglection (as happened to me) .

Best wishes.

*Stefano *

Stefano Mangiola | Postdoctoral fellow

Papenfuss Laboratory

The Walter Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research

+61 (0)466452544