[Bioc-devel] UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 234445: ordinal not in range(128)
ntur@g@@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 4 19:56:18 CEST 2020
Just to keep the mailing list informed. This has been solved. Please push again.
> On May 18, 2020, at 11:20 AM, Jakob Theorell <jakob.theorell using ndcn.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I guess this is related to some to me unknown failure on my side to avoid merge conflicts, but I now get the above error when I try to push upstream. I started by pulling upstream changes, had no obvious conflicts, and when pushing I still got this. Puzzled. Have tried to look it up, but all answers to solving this issue seem to relate to python-code, so I got nowhere there. Below is the full message when I tried to push. Very thankful for insights into solving this.
> Best regards
> Enumerating objects: 122, done.
> Counting objects: 100% (122/122), done.
> Delta compression using up to 8 threads
> Compressing objects: 100% (65/65), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (65/65), 26.04 KiB | 5.21 MiB/s, done.
> Total 65 (delta 53), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: Traceback (most recent call last):
> remote: File "hooks/pre-receive.h00-pre-receive-hook-software", line 110, in <module>
> remote: apply_hooks(hooks_dict)
> remote: File "hooks/pre-receive.h00-pre-receive-hook-software", line 90, in apply_hooks
> remote: prevent_merge_markers(oldrev, newrev, refname)
> remote: File "/home/git/.gitolite/local/hooks/repo-specific/prevent_merge_markers.py", line 35, in prevent_merge_markers
> remote: conflicts = git_diff_files_with_conflicts(oldrev, newrev)
> remote: File "/home/git/.gitolite/local/hooks/repo-specific/prevent_merge_markers.py", line 26, in git_diff_files_with_conflicts
> remote: conflicts = pattern.search(diff.decode())
> remote: UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 234445: ordinal not in range(128)
> To git.bioconductor.org:packages/DepecheR.git
> ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/DepecheR.git'
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
> Bioc-devel using r-project.org mailing list
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the Bioc-devel