[Bioc-devel] How I hide non-exported function from the manual

Henrik Bengtsson henr|k@bengt@@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 4 08:09:10 CEST 2020

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 10:40 PM Vincent Carey
<stvjc using channing.harvard.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 11:48 PM stefano <mangiolastefano using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Community,
> >
> > I am used to document function although hey are not exported
> >

> I suppose you are talking about tidybulk?  I am somewhat mystified by the
> behavior
> of
>
> %vjcair> R CMD build tidybulk
>
> * checking for file ‘tidybulk/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
>
> * preparing ‘tidybulk’:
>
> * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
>
> * installing the package to process help pages
>
> * building the PDF package manual
>
> Hmm ... looks like a package
>
> Converting Rd files to LaTeX .................
>
> Creating pdf output from LaTeX ...
>

> which produces a 147 page manual, and as you note many
>
> non-user-visible symbols are documented in manual.  I've
>
> never seen the "process help pages" phase in any
>)
> of my packages, and I don't know why.

This step happens iff you have \Sexpr{} macros in your man/*.Rd files
(see https://github.com/wch/r-source/blob/5bd6e3ce1430374105ebf02101f9d55173496cfe/src/library/tools/R/build.R#L582-L586)

/Henrik