[Bioc-devel] Reducing dependencies

Henrik Bengtsson henr|k@bengt@@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 3 00:50:35 CEST 2020

RStudio provides pre-built R package for Linux and since a some weeks
now, they can be used on GitHub Actions
(https://github.com/r-lib/actions).  In addition, the run-time limit
on GitHub Actions is several hours compared to the 50 minutes you've'
got on Travis, so even if you install from source, you're less likely
to hit these limits on GitHub Actions.

Also, it could be that you could tweak/trick Travis to install above
Linux binary packages.

My $.02

/Henrik