[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor Image deprecation 2 day notice for bioc_docker and bioconductor_full

Turaga, Nitesh N|te@h@Tur@g@ @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Thu Jan 16 03:24:16 CET 2020

Dear Bioconductor developers,
​
This is the 2 day notice before the formal deprecation of the images listed below in favor of the latest ​
"bioconductor/bioconductor_docker" image. My previous email for anyone who might have missed the update​
about the direction the Bioconductor team is taking for overhauling the way containers are maintained is at​
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2020-January/016026.html.​
​
Please note, the new images are on Dockerhub at https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/bioconductor/bioconductor_docker  and the development is taking place at ​
https://github.com/Bioconductor/bioconductor_docker . ​
​
List of images being deprecated: ​
​
bioconductor/bioconductor_full​
bioconductor/devel_core2​
bioconductor/devel_base2​
bioconductor/release_base2​
bioconductor/release_core2​
bioconductor/devel_protmetcore2​
bioconductor/devel_metabolomics2​
bioconductor/release_protmetcore2​
bioconductor/release_metabolomics2​
bioconductor/devel_mscore2​
bioconductor/devel_protcore2​
bioconductor/devel_proteomics2​
bioconductor/release_mscore2​
bioconductor/release_protcore2​
bioconductor/release_proteomics2​
bioconductor/devel_cytometry2​
bioconductor/release_cytometry2​
bioconductor/devel_base​
bioconductor/devel_core​
bioconductor/devel_flow​
bioconductor/devel_microarray​
bioconductor/devel_proteomics​
bioconductor/devel_sequencing​
bioconductor/devel_metabolomics​
bioconductor/release_base​
bioconductor/release_core​
bioconductor/release_flow​
bioconductor/release_microarray​
bioconductor/release_proteomics​
bioconductor/release_sequencing​
bioconductor/release_metabolomics​
​
We will send you another email on Friday once we have gone through our deprecation process for these images​
and officially released the bioconductor/bioconductor_docker image. ​
​
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.​
​
Best regards,​
​
Nitesh​