[Bioc-devel] How to use RData files in Bioconductor data and software packages

web working webwork|ng @end|ng |rom po@teo@de
Thu Jan 9 22:00:52 CET 2020

Hi Herve,

thank you for your detailed answer. I guess I have expressed myself
unclear. The BED files were just examples for data I store in the
inst/extdata folder. Based on the description for ExperimentHubData I
have decided to create a software and a data package (no
ExperimentHubData software package). In my RData files I store software
package objects. These objects are bigger than 5 MB. Using a helper
function is no option, because the object calculation takes to much
time. For this reason I want to load this objects for my example
functions. My question is if the storage of my RData files in the
inst/extdata directory is correct or not.

Best,

Tobias