[Bioc-devel] Compatibility of Bioconductor with tidyverse S3 classes/methods

Michael Lawrence |@wrence@m|ch@e| @end|ng |rom gene@com
Fri Feb 7 06:15:30 CET 2020

I would urge you to make the package _directly_ compatible with
standard Bioconductor data structures; no explicit conversion. But you
can create wrapper methods (even on an S3 generic) that perform the
conversion automatically. You'll probably want two separate APIs
though (in different styles), for one thing automatic conversion is
obviously not possible for return values.

Michael