[Bioc-devel] msa: call for help/support

Ulrich Bodenhofer bodenho|er @end|ng |rom b|o|n|@jku@@t
Tue Aug 11 17:21:26 CEST 2020

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your open words! We understand the situation and accept your
/ the core team's decision. Yes, we will ask the community for help.
Even if nobody volunteers, we will not give up our package too easily.
Currently, there is only one error in an example on the Windows
platform. I expect this problem to be fixable, so the package will most
probably make it into the 3.12 release - which gives us another six
months to search for a solution. We will not be able to deal with
compiler/configure errors on less common platforms (as reported by some
users or as occurring on some more exotic CRAN servers), but I hope this
is acceptable as long as the package runs fine on the Bioc servers and
(hopefully) on the systems of most users.

Best regards,
Ulrich