[Bioc-devel] bioconductor_docker updates

Nitesh Turaga ntur@g@@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Aug 4 19:38:07 CEST 2020

Hi Levi,

Just wanted to follow up on this again, I’ve made a few changes to the 3.12.14 image version on the `bioconductor/bioconductor_docker:devel` image, where you should be able to query for the version _within_ the docker image using,

	Sys.getenv(‘BIOCONDUCTOR_DOCKER_VERSION’)

This is a much easier way of interacting with the environment variable.

And if you want to get a sense of what is the current version number of the “devel” image hosted on Dockerhub, instead of looking up the image version on Github each time, you could use my little package function. This works on your local machine _outside_ the docker container. (I’m planning on extending the functionality of BiocDockerManager::version() to work _within_ the docker image as well)

	> BiocDockerManager::version(repository=‘bioconductor/bioconductor_docker’, tag = ‘devel’)
	[1] “3.12.14"

Best,

Nitesh